Sunday 21 March 2010

One week post-op

Almost able to type again, one week in, wounds are healing well with Lyndsey doing the daily pin site cleaning after my daily shower. It will be nice to have a bath one day. The frame takes a bit of getting used to but I have faith that this is what was needed and Pat in the USA is giving me a running progress report from her perspective; as an associate professor in Orthopaedics that's very reassuring. It’s difficult to be objective after three operations and numerous disasters so in my paranoid state I’m a bit worried about the appearance of the humerus looking like Swiss cheese after all the screws that have been in it. Until those holes fill in you have to imagine it wouldn’t take much to fall on it and break it again. I think my days of scrambling and Winter walks are at least a few years in the future. No harm of doing some hill walking for a few years, good fat-burning days.

No comments: