Wednesday 3 March 2010

It was another glorious day in Argyll today, blue sky and clear air.

I went out for another short walk trying to build myself up and get some fresh air after three weeks cooped up in the house recovering from operation number 3. Just 4 Kilometres round the point then up above the quarry. Took the camera and got a few images worth keeping, hard not to take decent pictures with the scenery we have here. A tornado GR4 flew over my head but I was late seeing it and had the aperture up at 10 so shutter speed a bit slow. One of the images was pretty good though so I’ll post it here. The title picture for this blog was also taken today. 42 Commando were training in the quarry, had a blether with one of the officers, nice blokes. Found some pictures of Ilizarov frames on peoples arms so have a better idea of what’s ahead of me a week on Friday. I’m shitting myself of course and really desperate that this time I’ll have a good outcome and can finally put this behind me. It’s been a long 19 months with many setbacks but the despair I felt waking up in recovery last month to be told the arm was infected and that there was no new metalwork in the arm was the lowest point yet. It’s taken three weeks to get over the depression that invoked. Having our crazy new pals from the Mexico holiday come and stay for the weekend obviously helped. Mabel and Ian have been great in keeping me going; I don’t know how Lyndsey can put up with my highs and lows though.
Anyway the point of this is to give me some purpose, keep me positive and give me a push to achieve something each day so I can write about it in the blog. I’ll keep it private just now and see how I get on. Would be nice to have somewhere to store my efforts in photography and painting and maybe eventually open it up to others to read. We’ll see.

No comments: