Sunday 28 March 2010

I've been struggling for the last three days, the ulnar nerve damage I suffered to my right arm during the surgery has gotten much worse and is dominating things now. As a result I haven't slept well this last few nights. Its quite infuriating that my main problem is due to somebody not noticing my right arm was in an awkward position or that something was impinging on it through my operation. The pinky finger is worse than the ring finger but it's incredibly uncomfortable and in the wee hours is dominating my discomfort. By contrast my left arm is coming on fine. The deltoid head pin is much cleaner now and the discharge has stopped. Only that one and the one through the bicep have dressings on them. The posterior k wire insertion point is also sore but has been from day 1. 2 weeks into the antibiotic epic, 2 weeks to go. Not looking forward to teaching this course in less than 2 weeks for Claire, should have binned it as soon as I found out in Feb that the arm was infected. Need to see how it goes but I fear the worst and will have to tell her I'm simply not fit.

No comments: